Bill Carey and his sons Will and Ben
The content on this web site was researched, written, and organized by Bill Carey, who co-founded Tennessee History for Kids in November 2004. Here is his background:
* He worked as a reporter in Nashville through most of the 1990s.
* He is a columnist for Tennessee Magazine.
* He is the author of six books, among them Fortunes Fiddles and Fried Chicken: A Nashville Business History; Chancellors, Commodores and Coeds: A History of Vanderbilt University; and Leave No One Behind: Hurricane Katrina and the Rescue of Tulane Hospital.
* He is a native of Huntsville, Alabama, who spent five years as a flight officer in the U.S. Navy.
* He graduated from Vanderbilt University in 1987.