On November 8, 2016, the big story nationally was the election of President Donald Trump and Vice President Michael Pence.
Tennessee's voters also elected:
* Nine members of the U.S. House of Representatives
* 16 of the 33 members of the Tennessee State Senate
* All 99 members of the Tennessee House of Representatives
Statewide, these were the results:
* Tennessee chose Trump (a member of the Republican political party) over Hillary Clinton (a member of the Democratic political party) by about 1.5 million votes to about 870,000 votes. This was not a surprise in Tennessee--a state in which Republicans have won many recent elections.
* Eight of the nine sitting U.S. representatives in Tennessee were re-elected along with one new member of Congress--Rep. David Kustoff of Memphis. Seven of the nine U.S. representatives from Tennessee are Republicans; two are Democrats.
* Most of the state representatives and senators who were running for re-election were re-elected.
And now we are going to see if you learned anything from this Elementary Civics section. Click here to take the interactive quiz.