Notes to parents and teachers:
* Civics chapters taken from the middle school civics
section, which is also used in grades 6, 7 and 8.
* Geography chapters taken from the elementary geography
section, which is also used in grades 1, 2 and 3.
* More detail on this time period can be found on the high school section
of Tennessee History for Kids. But please be aware that the high school section contains some material that many Fifth Graders might not be ready to absorb.
This Fifth Grade text was researched and written by Bill Carey in close consultation with the following:
* Melissa Alexander, Fifth Grade Teacher, Chester County Middle School (Chester County)
* Kevin Human, Fifth Grade Teacher, Midway Elementary School (Roane County)
* Tamra Lanning, Fifth Grade Teacher, Benton Elementary School (Polk County)
* Mary John Wilson, Fifth Grade Teacher, Rush Strong Elementary School (Jefferson County)